Update [04-08 17:40]: Discovery of threads
- Discover new threads from timeline
- Refresh explore threads if not refreshed for 2 hours
- Minor styling changes
Update [04-08 17:40]: Possible options to unearth in Dashboard
People I do not follow, but are in my stream (via interactions) – with a easy follow button– Done Find original posts in the stream – with option to respond People recommendation from Discover– Done
- People recommendation by emojitag
- Recommendations from threads — add to recommendations thread
Post reply-of– API seems to not expose this information
Update [20-07 23:43]: User information display
- Added user information for recommended users
- Follow directly from app, with an option to open profile at Micro.blog
- Thread recommendations purging of old items on refresh
- Upgraded packages to latest – npm-check
Update [17-07 00:50]: Refresh to the Micro.threads
- Added performance improvements by rewriting using Promises.
- Added content around user recommendations
- Security improvements around using and storing tokens
- Security improvements around using config
- Fixes for unhanded promise rejection errors
Update [15-07 11:00]: Tentative Authentication flow
Implemented using Passport. Passport handles maintaining os user object in session. DB temporarily stores the token information — deleted on logout.
- Get the app token (user provided or from Micro.blog login API)
- Make an entry in db with token and a primary key [some thing unique and encrypted]
- Store the key as cookie on client side, sent with every API call
- On API call, fetch the key from cookie and query DB using the key to get app token.
- Use token to fetch data from M.b
I need to improve micro.threads. Noting down the current limitation with the implementation.
- Threads concept itself is limited. Currently it takes a post id, fetches the conversation (thread) and then pull out all the links and only show these links as a thread.
- Creating thread is a mess and so is updating it.
- No way to provide access to external users. Only I can create/update threads at this point
What I want to introduce now
I think it would be important to change the whole direction itself. I feel the goal needs to be discovery. Help users discover interesting posts and people on micro.blog. To achieve this, below has to be handled.
- Authentication against micro.blog. Pull individual stream.
- Dashboard against individual stream. Summarise. Most active posts, links, micro monday recommendations, likes, books etc – similar to nuzzle etc.
- Simple way to build threads, including ones with just posts and no links – similar to twitter moments.
- Updating existing threads with contents from different topic id
- Auto refreshed public threads – built from discover section of micro.blog (this is close to available).